"Los Claros" hunting quotas.
In order to maintain a healthy population of wild ungulates and preserve nature vegetation at "Los Claros game reserve" we need to hunt annually a quota of different species. And not only regarding on especies but also on ages and sex of them. So, we not only have to hunt good trophies, we also need to hunt females, fawns, and selective young males.
Our estimate annual quota is:
- SCI medal class Iberian red deer: 20-25.
- Selective Iberian red deer: 60-80.
- Females and fawns of Iberian red deer: 80-120.
- SCI medal class Iberian mouflon: 20-25.
- Selective Iberian mouflon: 2-6.
- Females of Iberian mouflon: 10-20.
- Wild boars (females and males): 20-30.
- Madrona Spanish Ibex: 1-2.
- Andalusian roe deer: 2-4.
- Foxes: all of them (it is need to preserve partridges and rabbits populations).
- Magpies: all of them (it is need to preserve partridges and rabbits populations).
In addition to the sale of loose traditional stalking and waiting hunt according to measurement rates , you can also choose hunting packages with closed price. For example we offer three types of hunting packages: The first and second just for stalking and waiting hunts with full board lodging at “Los Claros game reserve” (first one for Trophy Hunts for hunter and companion, the second one for groups of friends just by waiting hunt). The third hunting package is a combination of stalking and montería with full board lodging in Hotel.
Finally, some years we also provide the organization of two monterías, mainly for population control. A natural area can only maintain a certain number of herbivores, so it is necessary to hunt annually the excess of animal over that population in order to preserve the forest and pastures.
The catch quotas are set to margins to ensure sustainable utilization of game over the years. Wild populations are very difficult to enumerate, so captures are estimate and can vary a bit from one year to another. That means, for example, that one year we can organize a montería but next two do not.
Renting the preserve.
All hunting is available to a person or persons wishing to hunt exclusively on the reserve. We take care of everything to maintaining the hunting estate just for you. Shares in hunting which we offer are only examples. All the annual hunting quota can be hunted by you and your guests. From September the 1st to February the 20th, you can hunt at “Los Claros”. Accommodation for groups is available at “Los Claros hunting estate” in both, the "Casa de Francisquillo"and "El Cortijo”. See details of our facilities for groups of hunters.
All the packages include:
- Paperwork, import-export fire arms taxes, airport assistance, airport to "Los Claros" shuttle*, regional hunting license and hunting insurance (if needed)
- Full board (not in monterias) at "Los Claros hunting estate", with snacks, water and soft drinks during the hunt. Please see menu for lunch and dinner.
- A hunting guide during the hunt and while on the reserve, all transports inside the hunting estate.
* airport-Los Claros shuttle from/to Ciudad Real, Madrid, Sevilla or Valencia airports. Other airports can have surcharges.
Other available services.
Other services available are not included in the daily rates or hunting packages:
- Taxidermy Services: We can take care of pre-preparation of trophies for export as well as taxidermy.
- Rental of arms and ammunition: For those who will not travel with weapons and ammunition we can provide both. For monteria, we need to be notified in advance to make use of this service.
- Turistic Services: For your guests we can prepare turistic trips while you are hunting or for you all after your hunting days.